Skip to content
- Novice Classes
A Novice is a person who has not won a first prize at the Ruthin Show. A Novice may enter other classes in this Schedule.
- An Entry Form and Entry Fees are required from each exhibitor. Children’s Entry Forms are sponsored by the Town Council and are free. All entries to the Hon. Secretary at the address given by the Monday before the Show but the Secretary may at his/her discretion accept a late entry up to but not after the Friday before the Show.
- The Ruthin Farmers Auction will be open for placing exhibits on the Saturday morning from 8.30 am to 10:30 am, except Classes 1 to 5 which can be staged on Friday evening from 5pm to 8:00 pm and on Saturday from 8.30 am to 10:30 am.
Exhibitors must leave the area not later than 10:30 am when Judging will commence and conclude at 12:30 pm.
- Exhibitors should carefully note the number of items required per exhibit, placing neither more nor less than the number of items required.
- Benching Cards will be available at the Hon. Secretary’s table and should be placed (reversed) in front of/ on the exhibits before judging. Exhibits without such cards will not be considered for the competition.
- Cardboard plates will be provided if required, to properly exhibit the specimens and green vases will be available on loan from the Hon. Secretary for the proper display of cut flowers.
- All horticultural specimens exhibited must be the bona-fide property of the exhibitor or their employer and grown by them for at least two months prior to its exhibition, except in the case of Floral Art. Any member breaking this rule may be expelled from the Society and any prizes will be forfeited.
- Exhibitors will not be allowed to remove exhibits before 4:30 pm on Show Day. Produce may be sold from 4:30 pm onwards.
- Prize money will be paid from 3:30 pm. Prize winners should present their Prize Cards as proof of their claim. Persons unable to present them may claim up to 1st September by sending their claim to the Hon. Treasurer Mr Gary Matthews, 4 Upper Clwyd Street, Ruthin, Denbighshire LL15 1HY.
- Trophies will be presented at 3:30 pm on Show Day and if exhibitors are not present to receive their Trophy, they will be withheld.
- All Trophies are perpetual, cannot be won outright and must be returned as requested by 1st July of the year of the following Show.
- The Society shall NOT be responsible for any loss or damage that may happen to property or specimens on their way to, from or during the Show.
- Floral Art exhibits must be arranged on site unless otherwise stated.
- Entry Fee is for each item in the Class.
- NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED ON SHOW DAY